debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] harri-guest?

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] harri-guest?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:03:45 +0200

Harald Dunkel (2003-03-31 18:39:47 +0200) :

> I tried to register on http://alioth.debian.org/ as 'harri', but
> the system changed that into 'harri-guest'. This is pretty strange.

Well, the new user form did tell you your account would have this
-guest suffix.

> Usually guests don't need an account. And I don't like to be
> registered "just" as a guest.

  Did you read the announcement[1]?  Did you read the Alioth homepage?
If you're not a Debian developer, you're a guest.  Your account is not
crippled in any way, though.  This is just a measure to avoid
namespace conflicts.

> Would it be possible to change my account name to 'harri' as
> expected?

  Yes.  Become a Debian developer with the login 'harri', and this
account will automagically be injected into Alioth.

Roland.

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200303/msg00024.html
[2] http://alioth.debian.org/