demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Delegation and classification subsystems

From: felix . henry
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Delegation and classification subsystems
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:14:27 +0100

David,

Concerning the deleg. and classif. subsystems:

>* tags are added to a question by a group of people recognized by the
>  demexp system.

Here, I would say "tags are added to an incoming question..." because there
is a timing issue here (tags should be added before the question is
submitted

I also remember that we agreed that the number of question askable
within a time unit (eg number of questions per day) should be limited,
if only for protection against attacks. This should probably be reflected
in the specifications.

>* in case of conflict (tag A delegated to Da, tag B to Db and question Q
>  contains tags A and B):
>
>  - the initial delegation is frozen (i.e. suspended)
>
>  - the conflict is stored
>
>  - when the participant or delegate at the origin of conflict
>   reconnects, he solves the conflict by giving an order between tags A
>   and B (thus one of the two delegates will be chosen for question Q)
>
>  - delegation is unfrozen and the initial vote is taken into account

Here, I would add:
-The order chosen by the participant between tags A and B is stored, to be
used during future conflicts.

Cheers,

   Felix