demexp-dev

Fwd: [Demexp-dev] VIA x86-like processors with cryptographic facilities

From: William Neumann
Subject: Fwd: [Demexp-dev] VIA x86-like processors with cryptographic facilities
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:17:44 -0600

Bitten yet again by a "reply-to" trap... Here it is for the whole list:

Begin forwarded message:

On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:37 PM, David MENTRE wrote:

Thank you, I wasn't aware of this issue and possible solution to it.

Yes. There are plenty of techniques for dealing with this problem using expander graphs, etc. Peter Guttman did some work on distilling randomness for cryptographic uses for a paper at the 1998 (1997?) Usenix Security Symposium that is pretty easy to implement.

William D. Neumann

"You've got Rita Marlowe in the palm of your hand."
"Palm of my hand?  You haven't seen Rita Marlowe..."

                -- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?