demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: Target audience and security

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Target audience and security
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:23:12 +0200

Hello William,

William Neumann <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd change that to "Enough security that a group of competent
> cryptologists and computer security experts would trust the system".

Right. It was my first intent to say that.

>  I do plan on looking over the existing security plans that were
> posted earlier on the mailing list and giving my opinions, but I won't
> be able to get to it until October at the earliest

Well, there is no hurry. And as I said previously, this proposal is
lacking important features for demexp (handling of delegation).

The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure we need "a group of
competent cryptologists and computer security experts" to design the
protocol (or find it or adapt it from current literature).

But right now, I'm not even capable of expressing the precise
requirements (however I can give rough ones if needed) so, as I said,
there is no hurry.

Yours,
david
--