demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Demexp lists usage.

From: Frederic Lehobey
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Demexp lists usage.
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:55:30 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 11:33:07AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> [ I'm wondering what's the correct usage of the mailing-lists ? Is
> demexp-dev supposed to be an english-speaking mailing-list ? What's the
> difference with demexp-en ? Is demexp-dev technical, and demexp-en a
> mailing-list for the broader political project ?

Yes, exactly.

> I do not provide x86_64 yet. Frederic Lehobey should quite soon provide
> PowerPC and SPARC binaries, but no one said that he would provide x86_64

Yes. Let's say end of the week (if debootstrap problems in sid are
over) for powerpc and sparc.   :)

> >This is all a bit messy, Debian doesn't support x86_64 yet,
> >and only recently has the patched ocamlopt been added
> >to the Debian archive .. kind of curious since Debian
> >will never build it (but the Ubuntu rewrap does).
>
> Debian doesn't officially support x86_64, but unofficial Sarge ISOs are
> available for this architecture, which is well maintained.

Some links:

http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianAMD64
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-amd64/

> >I had one heck of a time trying to build demexp from
> >source due to all the dependencies, some of them
> >not building properly on x86_64. I also can't get
> >GODI to work at the moment from CVS.
>
> All dependencies are already packaged in Debian, so, using the demexp
> work I've done (which is available through SVN), you should be able to
> produce x86_64 binaries without too much trouble.
>
> If you're interested in doing so, let me know, and I'll try to give more
> details about it.

If you were to give such details to John, please also send copies to
the -dev list for future reference.

# apt-get build-deb ...

might be of help.

Experimentally,