demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] OS X demexp compilation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] OS X demexp compilation
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:19:49 +0200

Hello FX,

François-Xavier Ponscarme <address@hidden> writes:

> that's my first post on this list, I'll try to help for demexp development.
> Well there's some troubles during compilation but finally it works.

Great!

> Many of these troubles comes from software versions that are not updated
> as early as on Linux either with fink or godi.
> Linking with crt0.o is also a problem, fixed by getting extra package
> from Darwin (Csu).

Could you write a small doc on the way you successfully compiled demexp
on MacOS X? You can put it on your web page or on the page on the demexp
wiki.

In the same way, do you plan to provide MacOS X binaries?

> Another problem is due to incompatible option of compilation, actually
> it seems that OSX does not support the static linking of users binaries.
> So "-dynamic" be used  instead of "-static".

Is this issue appearing when compiling srv/demexp-server.static? This
binary is probably of no use except for myself[1]. I should probably
remove it from default: target, and maybe the all: one.

> Do you think we must modify configuration file configuration, or just
> add a test in the Makefile to fix linking issues?

It would be better to add all configuration tests into the ./configure
shell script.

Yours,
d.

[1] It is easier for me to put this binary on tuxinette machine.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A