demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] OS X demexp compilation

From: François-Xavier Ponscarme
Subject: [Demexp-dev] OS X demexp compilation
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:34:13 +0200

Hello everybody,

that's my first post on this list, I'll try to help for demexp development.
Well there's some troubles during compilation but finally it works.
Many of these troubles comes from software versions that are not updated as early as on Linux either with fink or godi. Linking with crt0.o is also a problem, fixed by getting extra package from Darwin (Csu). Another problem is due to incompatible option of compilation, actually it seems that OSX does not support the static linking of users binaries.
So "-dynamic" be used  instead of "-static".
Do you think we must modify configuration file configuration, or just add a test in the Makefile to fix linking issues?

FX