demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Win32 binary for demexp 0.6

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Win32 binary for demexp 0.6
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:03:12 +0200 (CEST)

Good news: it still builds
Bad news: it exits with a fatal exception (stdout follows)
Connecting to server tuxinette.linux-france.org:50000...
Connected to server. Try to login with ""...
Fatal error: exception Invalid_argument("String.sub")

It could be an improper installation or config file(s) from 0.4 version, I don't know.

Some info on dependencies btw:
- libxml 2.6.20: http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/
- libglade 2.4.2 because 2.5.1 uses atk_relation_set_add_relation_by_type,
which is nowhere to be found in atk >=1.8 (and I won't bother even checking if changes are worth the trouble)
- findlib 1.0.4
- lablgtk 20050701 (lucky you that I read demexp-dev ml archive)
- gz 0.5.6
and some others I won't list because this is getting tiresome.

Could the developpers also have a --help option to configure script so as to list the options and their meaning? Also, please make some missing libs/progs non-fatal, or at least explain why it is fatal or what option it depends on. latex for instance is not a requirement, yet the configure will state it is missing and will not help anymore on the matter. This sounds to me too much like "read the 'fine' code" which I'd prefer not to comment.

And because I guess it should alleviate either native compilation, cross-compiling or running under wine, you may find at the old dump site a binary tarball demexp-0.6.tar.bz2 and tarballs of some dependancies in ./deps

I 'updated' compiling instructions to demexp-0.6-howto.txt

Good luck with the debugging