demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Current status of development

From: felix . henry
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Current status of development
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:39:38 +0100

- implement a way to keep permanently voted and seen question for each
  user (much like the GTK client is keeping this information in
  ~/.demexp/ directory). I have not many ideas how to implement
  that. The marcos machine has a MySQL server available, but I'm
  completely new to those SQL things[2]. Otherwise, we could also use
  BerkeleyDB interface, or just a simple file;

The statuses are stored on the server. When the web client is used, we should
first decided whether we want to
1/update the statuses on the client (and make some kind of synchronization
during disconnection) or
2/update them on the server, on the fly.

If we choose 1/, a file-based solution is probably preferable but I do not
know if it's even possible (to manipulate a file from the web client).

If we chose 2/, both options are possible. I'd still think that a file
based solution would be preferable. After all, AFAIK, the file would only
contain the id of the tag or question, and the status. It may be a bit
to heavy to get into SQL stuff for that.

[3]  By the way, Félix, could you post it on address@hidden

I'll do that in a second, in a separate email.

 Félix