demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Current status of development

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Current status of development
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:05:43 +0100

2006/2/20, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> On a side note, there are now extensions (for firefox but probably on other
> browsers) that let you activate javascript on certain websites only. Thus
> you maintain security, and activate javascript only on trusted sites.

I was mainly thinking at non-javascript capable web browsers, like
text web browsers used by blind people.

> By privacy issue, you mean the users who do not want to have their history
> stored on the server?

Yes.

> I think this issue could be solved later when we want
> to deal with voting privacy itself. Thos who agree to vote know, even if
> the vote is not secured, certainly do not mind if their history is stored on
> the server.

Well, privacy is obviously not managed properly in current demexp (on
purpose, in order to design privacy parts from clear requirements).
But I always try to think about future implication on privacy issues
of a new feature. I need to think about it (but suggestions are always
welcome ;-).

Best wishes,
d.