demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] 0.5 step closer to OCaml Summer of Code

From: Frederic Lehobey
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] 0.5 step closer to OCaml Summer of Code
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:49:18 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:24:53PM +0100, ketty wrote:
> On 2/7/07, Frederic Lehobey <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Well, it is somewhat a feature. We have not designed nor implemented
> >ways to hide or rewrite history.  :-)
>
> I'm thinking of it more like a way to specify that something is
> obsolete. Data needent actually be deleted (it might be kept (but not
> normaly shown) on server, or it might be moved to an archive server or
> something).
> I guess this is what the hidden attribute on questions is for? I would

Yes, precisely.  :)  (It is not really deeply 'hidden'.)

> like to have a hidden attribute for tags also in that case :)

I am not sure I see what you mean. (Hide tags? What for? Mmmm. For the
interface, maybe... but it could be a different mechanism specific to
the client.)

> And if obsolete information is to be archived (and freeing up space on
> main server) there need to also be a way to really delete information.

I am eager to see the time when we will really need this (if we ever
will).  :)

Best regards,
Frédéric