denemo-devel

Re: [Denemo-devel] Capo for Guitar Chords

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Capo for Guitar Chords
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 17:30:47 +0100

I'd forgotten that you can drag Test in Printview. However, when I try it it simply starts playing the music instead.
I must be missing something!

Joe

On 01/10/2019 17:03, Richard Shann wrote:
On Tue, 2019-10-01 at 16:37 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
Hi Richard,
I wondered if there might be a way of putting such as: Capo +3; G->
Bb in the same line as the Guitar Chords, if using a Chord Chart
Staff.
As seen below the Capo instruction can appear on a separate line, if
I add it as a Multiline Text item to the "Original" stave.
AND where I am using the music as a template for Borrowed music in
the clarinet line, it appears there too.
I just added some text to the first rest in staff 2 (OrignialNP) of the
sample you sent and then dragged it to be level and before the chords
in the Print View. (Right click on the text in the Print View and
choose Change Offset). A bit fiddly to get the position just right -
zoom in first. See attached.

  But with a non-printing voice added to the "Original" stave, I can
clear that!
???
I can't find any documentation in the LilyPond help though such as
"CAPO  +2:  A  D  E7  A over a line of music is very common.
I expect there would be some suggestions if you asked on lilypond-user@
gnu.org
especially if it is something that is in any way a "normal" thing...

Richard