denemo-devel

Importing other file formats

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Importing other file formats
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 10:52:27 -0500

Richard,
I was wondering what the preferred method of inputting other file
formats is. I have been using tuxguitar to open up these files. I then
would hide the tab because I want my students reading the music and
not looking at tabs. Tuxguitar can export to lilypond and midi. I
could probably import it with this but I was wondering how I can go
about it with less steps or if I can open it up denemo. I have been
looking over tuxguitar source code specifically the portion of the gpx
file parser. My question is, If I were to write something to import it
denemo should I make it a separate utility that converts it into
lilypond and then have denemo import it. Is that how the musicxml and
midi import works? I should test these out.

Thanks,
Jeremiah