denemo-devel

Re: Help getting Lilipond up and running

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Help getting Lilipond up and running
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 09:18:51 +0000

On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 19:33 +0000, fmaurer wrote:
> My operating system version is Windows 10
> I just installed Denemo.

which version, from where?

>  When I open it I get a button on the right bottom with a red
> message
> Error: See Lilipond  Window.

This came up recently in the mailing list:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/denemo-devel/2021-03/msg00006.html

The problem appears to be that the version of LilyPond bundled with
Denemo can be incompatible with libraries installed by other
applications on your machine.
I notice that the email resolving this difficulty for the user was not
sent to the mailing list (*) ... what he did was go to lilypond.org and
follow the instructions there for installing LilyPond. Then he set the
field in the preferences specifying where Denemo should look for the
lilypond-windows.exe program (which does the typesetting):

that is, in Denemo go to

Edit->Change Preferences->Externals->lilypond

and enter the full path to the newly installed version of lilypond-
windows.exe (usually

C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe

)

> I also get a lot of
> fluidsynth: error: Synthesis event queue full
> messages in a command window.
These are harmless (though unfortunate :( )

Richard

(*) I've forwarded it now.