denemo-devel

Re: Emailing: TR____WhenTheSaintsGoMarchingIn+.denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Emailing: TR____WhenTheSaintsGoMarchingIn+.denemo
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:20:36 +0100

On Mon, 2021-10-18 at 22:25 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I haven't posted a bug on this because it is probably my
> misunderstanding.
In this case it is not though, so of interest to others with old
versions of Denemo
> I have tried to group staffs 2 and 3, and 5 and 6, and in the editor
> it
> appears as if they have grouping marks on the left of the music. (5 &
>
> are borrowed and transposed)
> But they don't appear in the Typeset. Any ideas?
Looking at the LilyPond view I see when you try to typeset it says

: warning: cannot create context: GroupStaff
 \MvmntIVoiceI
               \new GroupStaff <<

and looking up the syntax I see it should be \new StaffGroup not \new
GroupStaff.

I vaguely recall that at one time Denemo generated this wrong syntax
but it has been fixed at some point. And indeed deleting the start
braces and re-making them fixes the problem.
If it doesn't for you (and you are using a modern version) then this
suggests you have your own set of menu commands with an old copy of
that command. The command in question is

Command: GroupStaff Start
Start grouping single staves together in order to form multi-stave
systems. In the GroupStaff context, the group is started with a bracket
and bar lines are drawn through all the staves.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Groupings (Braces)
Internal Name: GroupStaffStart

so you may have copies of the old menu commands at

~/.denemo-2.5.3/actions/menus/ObjectMenu/StaffMenu/StaffGroupings

where ~ is your home directory and / is \ on Windows.
If you don't actually have any customised commands you can simply drag
actions/menus into the trash and re-start Denemo. Then re-making the
Group Staff Start all should be well.

Richard