denemo-devel

Re: Analysis brackets (with labels) in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Analysis brackets (with labels) in Denemo
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 15:38:43 +0100

On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 16:56 +0300, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hello,
> is there a way to insert analysis brackets (with or without labels)
> in
> Denemo? If it already exists, I wasn't able to find the command.

Well I see it is documented in LilyPond:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/outside-the-staff#analysis-brackets

So to do this in Denemo you need to insert \startGroup and \stopGroup
between the relevant notes. You also need to include a special
engraver, so putting these two together gives two bits of Scheme:

;start analysis bracket
(let ((tag "Analysis"))
 (d-DirectivePut-
standalone-postfix tag "\\startGroup")
 (d-DirectivePut-layout-postfix
"Analysis" "  \\context {\\Voice  \\consists
\"Horizontal_bracket_engraver\" }"))

;stop analysis bracket
(let ((tag "Analysis"))
 (d-DirectivePut-standalone-postfix tag "\\stopGroup"))

If you put these one at a time into the Scheme window and create a
palette button from them then you can insert your analysis brackets
with those. I've attached an example. Of course, it could be made a bit
more swish by adding stuff to display more nicely...

If you need help with any of that, please ask.

Richard