denemo-devel

Re: Analysis brackets (with labels) in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Analysis brackets (with labels) in Denemo
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:25:49 +0100

On Thu, 2021-10-21 at 17:07 +0300, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you for your detailed answer.
> I have a couple of problems, see the attached images).
>
> 1. (picture Denemo.png) The bracket on the left is made with the
> following code (added to the Scheme script):
> \once \override HorizontalBracket.direction = #UP \startGroup
> while the one on the right with \startGroup only.
> The problem is that in order to get the bracket around two notes, in
> the first case I need to put the startGroup before the first note and
> the stopGroup after the second note, while in the second case both
> the
> startGroup and stopGroup are placed after the notes I want to group
> with the bracket.
> I understand that this is related to the fact that Lilypond wants to
> have the starting note for the bracket right before the startGroup
> command,  after the override. Is there any workaround for this?

Yes, the simplest would be to put the override syntax in a separate
Denemo Directive (you can use the command

Command: Insert Lilypond
Insert or edit a directive in the LilyPond music typesetting language.
This can be used for extra spacing, transposing or almost anything. See
LilyPond documentation for ideas.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives
Internal Name: InsertStandaloneDirective

 to do this, but you will want to improve the display by editing it
after creation, and then perhaps making a palette button to insert it).

You would miss out the \once bit of the syntax in this case so it
applies to all the brackets following.

> 2. (picture Denemo2.png)
> I used the your code, the one with
>  (d-DirectivePut-standalone-display tag "This will label the Denemo
> Directive")
>  (d-DirectivePut-standalone-tx tag 20)
>  (d-DirectivePut-standalone-ty tag -20)
> and as you can see from the picture it shows four 'Directive' signs
> (sorry I won't know yet how those are called in Denemo). Is this the
> expected behaviour?

Sorry, yes I should have put (d-MoveCursorLeft) after the first command
as it creates the Denemo Directive and moves to the right straight
away, so that the subsequent commands create new directives instead of
editing the old one. There is a wrapper function that does a whole
bunch of this for you called (StandAloneDirectiveProto ...) which is
used in the script for that InsertStandaloneDirective command I
referenced above. But to keep things simple:

 (d-DirectivePut-standalone-display tag "This will label the Denemo Directive")
 (d-MoveCursorLeft)
 (d-DirectivePut-standalone-tx tag 20)
 (d-DirectivePut-standalone-ty tag -20)

would do the trick (the subsequent d-DirectivePut-... are editing so
they don't move the cursor right, the cursor always moves right after
inserting an object).

HTH

Richard