denemo-devel

Re: About Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu. was Re: Can not t

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: About Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu. was Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:14:20 +0000

On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 16:49 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Well my upgrade to Debian stable has worked, and I have built Denemo
> from sources using the atril.patch and without installing the
> libevince-dev package, installing instead libatrilview-dev and
> libatrildocument-dev (I don't know if this last one was required, I
> didn't try without).
> The good(ish) news is that the following of links from the Print View
> back to the Denemo Display works, so re-positioning things like trill
> signs can be done via dragging in the Print View.
> My next experiment (after checking more things with this atril build)
> is to install from the Debian repository see if the tweaking fails
> and
> also see if the Icon appears in the Applications menu - in this
> respect
> I can mention that installing the evolution package failed to put an
> icon in the application menu, which is pretty extraordinary.
> Then I'll at last be able to test if the inability to tweak objects
> is
> due to libevince changes...

So I have tested the 2.5.4 built with atril and everything is working.
I've installed the Debian package, it has placed the icon in the
applications directory (MATE desktop) and I can confirm that the links
from Print View are not working (strangely links from source pdfs are
working). So the finger of suspicion still points to libevince. I'll
build against that next.

Richard