denemo-devel

Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 09:18:00 +0000

On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 10:17 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hello,
> I compiled and installed (sudo make install) Denemo, and a Denemo
> launcher in the application menu was created.

I noticed that I have an icon in the application menu (Mate desktop)
which launched version 2.5.0
I did a make install on the latest version and it installed denemo at
/usr/local/bin/denemo
but the icon in the application menu continued to launch 2.5.0 (from
where I'm not at all sure (*), I can't see any obvious way of
interrogating Mate to find out what that icon is linking to).

We did have some work on icon location recently for the flatpak version
of Denemo - perhaps someone more familiar with these desktop issues can
suggest something.

Richard

(*) When I try to find out by asking to open a standard template the
file chooser opens in a directory called "app" which pretends to be a
directory in the root directory, but is not actually present there...
some gtk idiocy I suppose.