denemo-devel

Re: images for Denemo user manual

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: images for Denemo user manual
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:34:08 +0100

On Fri, 2022-07-22 at 10:20 -0400, Bob Cannon wrote:
> I copied the Denemo sources into my /opt directory, so my executable
> Denemo is at /opt/denemo/denemo-2.6.0/src/denemo.

There is no connection between where you place Denemo source files and
where an executable derived from them will be placed (*). It depends on
the configure and install steps.

>   The "Help" pulldown
> for accessing the manual couldn't find the manual at
> /usr/local/share/denemo/manual/denemo-manual.html, so I created a
> directory at that location and placed the manual there.  I've placed
> the
> images directory into the same directory as the manual, but images
> aren't found when browsing the manual.  Where should the images
> directory be located?
by analogy with where the images are relative to the denemo-manual.html
file they would need to be in a directory:

/usr/local/share/denemo/manual/images

> It seems to me that my makefile should have placed all the files
> where
> they should be located.

yes, indeed the commands
/autogen.sh && ./configure
will create a makefile that does that.

It's not clear what you are doing - are you building from sources (if
so which), or are you installing via a package manager, or what?

HTH

Richard
(*)
Well to be precise, the executable created by the "make" step will be
in the src directory, but you would need to run the "make install" step
to marry it up with the manual, although it does execute from src.