denemo-devel

Re: images for Denemo user manual

From: Bob Cannon
Subject: Re: images for Denemo user manual
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 09:01:12 -0400

By following the instructions here I have a properly installed Denemo.

On 7/23/22 09:40, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sat, 2022-07-23 at 09:21 -0400, Bob Cannon wrote:
My /usr/bin contains a denemo2.2 that I installed with a package
manager.  I downloaded source for denemo 2.6.0 into /opt/denemo.
That's an unusual choice - better download to somewhere in your home
directory - you only need root permission for the make install command
(assuming you are wanting to install for all users).

Compilation with Makefile created the executable as
/opt/denemo/denemo2.6.0/bin/src/denemo.
right, so this is running an un-installed Denemo, as I mentioned this
will execute ok except it won't have the manual installed (probably
some other things like translations ...).

   I redirect to the executable in
/opt from ~/bin/denemo.

The denemo-manual.html file is in /usr/local/share/denemo/manual
because
that was where the executable wanted to find it.  I have placed the
images directory into the same directory, but they don't display.

I'll be happy to recompile denemo 2.6.0.  Should I remove or rename
any
files before compiling?
I don't know of any problems that would arise from other versions
lurking elsewhere. The best is to follow the guidance at
http://denemo.org/hacking-sources/

Hmm, I just checked and I see that page doesn't mention the install
step! I'll fix that, but suffice to say you need to run

sudo make install

after building.

Richard
BTW please use "Group Reply" or "Reply to All" so that those searching
the mailing list archives can follow the thread.

Bob