denemo-user

Re: [Denemo-user] Denemo with Timidity (configuration)

From: Brian Ackermann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-user] Denemo with Timidity (configuration)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

everything you've suggested works.  I grabbed the newest .0.7.9Win beta from the web, and the program & channel overrides are great.

Setting the midi instrument to 'drums' also works, but its a devil of a time figuring out which drum corresponds to a given note on the scale.

Last question for this topic:

Is it possible yet to be able to change the 'bank' from which the 'program' is run on a given 'channel' ?

For example, my Timidity.cfg looks rather like this: http://timidity.s11.xrea.com/files/cfgs/fluid3.cfg

As you can see, its got loads of programs in several different banks.

How can one assign a specific bank to a channel?  I tried typing in the name of the bank "bank 1" into the midi instrument (as with 'drums') but that didn't do any good.  I'd like to access some of the extended drumsets and other banks.

Thanks!

Brian