Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Determining distance from OFDM signals

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Determining distance from OFDM signals
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:20:48 +0000

Well, you can go ahead and at least to a degree enforce a known
relative phase between transmitter and receiver, but yeah, without
extensive external synchronization effort (e.g. GPSDOs – hi there, u-
blox :) ), the receiver phase is random relative to the transmitter's
phase. So, the distance can't be recovered from a one-way transmission.

Best regards,
Marcus