Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Determining distance from OFDM signals

From: Andrew Wolfram
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Determining distance from OFDM signals
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 09:10:19 -0700

Thanks for your responses! I'm trying to implement what's already been done with USRPs in this paper (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8555795), which is based on this paper (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5505942). My apologies if you can't access the full versions of these. In the first paper with the USRP's they're using an external clock to perfectly frequency sync the two devices, but otherwise they are taking relative distance measurements. That is, after frequency and time synchronization, they are accounting for the different delays in each device by only measuring changes in distance rather than absolute distance. Assuming I had the same setup as in the paper, does my original question make more sense?