Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Serial to parallel conversion

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Serial to parallel conversion
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 16:43:43 +0000

You want a vector to stream (not to "stream*s*") block.

The reality is that what OFDM block diagrams typically show as
"parallel to serial" block is usually not actually there in software or
hardware architecture. Authors just put these in there to say "hey,
look, we consider these consecutive data symbols as entries in a vector
now". I really don't know why the serial-to-parallel symbol stuck –
maybe because in hardware, smallish FFTs are often implemented in a
fully parallel fashion.

Really, think of that block just as a "we hack our consecutive sample
stream into vectors of fixed length".

Best regards,
Marcus