Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference in Spectrum Analysis between Wx and Qt

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference in Spectrum Analysis between Wx and Qt?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:04:43 +0000

Hi Martijn,

Can you please use a file sink to record the signal, so that you can
verify that it's different when visualized with Qt and Wx?

Because: there might be a scaling difference between Qt and Wx GUI, but
the math should really be the same inside. I'd hence assume that
there's really a different signal causing the different pictures.

Just to pull one tooth right away: staying with WX will force you to
stay on GNU Radio release 3.7 forever, and within that, using a
component that nobody in the GNU Radio developer community knows how to
maintain. So, I'd still really recommend moving away from WX.

Best regards,
Marcus