Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADRV9008-2, Zynq FPGA boards, and gnuradio

From: Erik Heinz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADRV9008-2, Zynq FPGA boards, and gnuradio
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 09:19:05 +0000

Hi Marcus,

thank you for clarifying. I already guessed that signal processing in the FPGA
is required, but I had the hope that we can start with a CPU-only setup with
limited performance and improve it by FPGA implementations later on.

Do you have a rough guess what bandwidth a Cortex-A53 ARM on an ZCU102 board
would be able to handle, considered some basic data processing within gnuradio?

This approach, however, would only work if there were some support and some
hooks within the Linux IIO kernel driver and/or libiio for including customer
FPGA designs. So far I have not found any hint that such support exists. In
this case running  gnuradio on the Zync board would be a dead end solution that
cannot be accelerated easily, and no appropriate approach for the given task.

Best regards,
Erik