[Discuss-gnuradio] ADRV9008-2, Zynq FPGA boards, and gnuradio

From: Erik Heinz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADRV9008-2, Zynq FPGA boards, and gnuradio
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:04:43 +0000

Hello everyone,

we are developing an application where a large bandwidth (some 100 MHz at  5–6 GHz mid frequency) needs to be processed to extract a small bandwidth
payload signal.

For rapid prototyping and testing algorithms I am thinking about using an ADRV9008-2 evaluation board, a Xilinx Zynq FPGA board, and gnuradio.

I understand that there do exist ready-made Linux distributions that run on boards like the ZC702 (Zynq-7000 based) or ZCU102 (Ultrascale+ based) and it is possible to run gnuradio on top of it.

I also found some hint that there does exist software to access an EVAL-ADRV9008 board connected to the Zync board from within gnuradio.

So I assume in principle it should be possible to process the 450 MHz bandwidth from the ADRV9008-2 directly on the Zync board using gnuradio in real time.

Can anyone confirm that this assumption is correct and that such a setup could work? Has this be done before?
Would both the ZC702 and the ZCU102 be suitable?
Where should I start reading?

Lots of questions. Thank you for some answers.
Erik