Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL-SDR source not working in 3.7.14.5

From: Chris Gorman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL-SDR source not working in 3.7.14.5
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 08:42:13 -0400

Hmm,

Not too sure what is wrong.  First off are you sure you have version
3.7.14.5?  I have 3.7.13.5 and can't find your newer version in the
releases (https://www.gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/).  Assuming you
have just made a small typo, I have built gr-osmosdr successfully with
3.7.13.5.  Here are the build instructions from the README

git clone git://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr
cd gr-osmosdr/
mkdir build
cd build/
cmake ../
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

It has been a while since I built this, so I don't recall the
dependencies you need to install, but you will at least need the dev
files for your rtl-sdr source.  I recommend trying to install the
rtl-sdr libraries and headers as described in
https://osmocom.org/projects/rtl-sdr/wiki .  (Note this needs to be
done before you install gr-osmosdr.)

As to installing under windows, I don't know how to help with that.  Sorry.

Let me know what you get after trying to build rtl-sdr and gr-osmosdr.

Chris