Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio without running Python

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio without running Python
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:29:53 -0400

Hi Molly - Looks / sounds like you're using GR37 ... yes? If you move to using GR38, you can generate C++ code directly from GRC. You can do so on a your host computer, then copy the resulting C++ code to your target computer & compile it there -- assuming of course that you have GR38 and any required GR OOT modules installed on the target computer. On your host computer, you'd need Python to get GRC, but I think you can avoid SWIG if you want to -- though since it's a host computer (& not the target) you might as well install everything, just not use the GR Python interface generated by SWIG. Does that make sense? Hope this is useful! - MLD