Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error compiling gr-qtgui/lib

From: Geof Nieboer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error compiling gr-qtgui/lib
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 10:59:13 -0400

The Qwt/Qt linkage is indeed a problem, as when compiling one must be
very careful to link the right version of Qwt to the right version of
Qt or else all hell breaks loose.

GR3.7 needs Qwt5 linked to Qt4
GR3.8 needs Qwt6 linked to Qt5

If you are building 3.7 on windows, I'd recommend just using the
installers here: http://www.gcndevelopment.com/gnuradio, which will
bring down all your dependencies in a self-contained fashion.  For 3.8
the build scripts will do it, but I haven't released an installer as
I've been waiting for gr-osmosdr and couple OOTs to be converted.

Geof