Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DARPA SC2 Team MarmotE modem is open sourced

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DARPA SC2 Team MarmotE modem is open sourced
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 08:20:02 -0400

Hi Miklos - Excellent! Thanks for sharing your work! - MLD

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:02 PM Miklos Maroti <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Fellow GNURadio Users,

We are happy to announce that we are open sourcing the MarmotE modem
that we have developed for the DARPA Spectrum Collaboration Challenge
under the GPLv3 license at https://gitlab.com/marmote/gr-marmote3.
This is an FBMC based modem capable of using up to 40MHz of bandwidth
with a good computer, but can be used with a simple laptop with lower
sampling rates. There might be a few rough edges in the code base
specifically tailored for the Colosseum and SC2 challenge, but we have
created a simplified version of the modem that works with any USRP or
other SDR. The code base has lots of interesting components, including
good error correcting codes, SSE optimized fractional FBMC channelizer
and synthesizer, variable length packets, multiple MCS settings, ARQ,
TCP/UDP port based QoS settings, etc. We plan to write a manual, but
till then enjoy the short README, the raw code and the flow graphs.
Finally, please cheer for Team MarmotE on the DARPA SC2 championship
event at MWC Los Angeles 2019, October 23.

Best,
Miklos