Re: Custom Qt GUI Sink Block

From: Volker Schroer
Subject: Re: Custom Qt GUI Sink Block
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:29:24 +0200

Hi Jerrid,

have a look at

https://github.com/dl1ksv/gr-display

and there at display_text_msg.

Perhaps, you can use this module directly or adjust to your needs.

-- Volker

Hey All,

Currently I am trying to test some code I have in an embedded python
block and verify that a string variable is changing given the correct
situations. However, I have not found an easy way to display this string
message to the GUI while my gnuradio flowgraph is running. So what I
would like to do is create a Qt GUI message sink block, that operates
identically to the number sink block, but instead of taking a float
value as an input it takes a pmt as an input. Does anyone know how to do
this using an embedded python block? I have never quite understood
creating OOT modules and coding custom blocks using C++, so being able
to make a Qt GUI block using python would be much easier for me if it is
possible.

Best Regards,

Jerrid