Custom Qt GUI Sink Block

From: Jerrid Plymale
Subject: Custom Qt GUI Sink Block
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 17:22:41 +0000

Hey All,

Currently I am trying to test some code I have in an embedded python block and verify that a string variable is changing given the correct situations. However, I have not found an easy way to display this string message to the GUI while my gnuradio flowgraph is running. So what I would like to do is create a Qt GUI message sink block, that operates identically to the number sink block, but instead of taking a float value as an input it takes a pmt as an input. Does anyone know how to do this using an embedded python block? I have never quite understood creating OOT modules and coding custom blocks using C++, so being able to make a Qt GUI block using python would be much easier for me if it is possible.

Best Regards,

Jerrid