Re: Thoughts on forming a GNU Radio Amateur Radio monthly meeting group

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: Thoughts on forming a GNU Radio Amateur Radio monthly meeting group
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 15:53:40 -0500

Hi kristoff,

Thank you for your thoughts. I am curious about your saying that "I have been hesitant to post here in the GR list as it's more about signal-process then about GNU Radio." Have you tried and not gotten good responses, or have you just assumed it was not the appropriate place? I hope we have not discouraged people from asking valid questions here.

As an alternate to creating another mailing list, we have a Ham Radio chat room which grew out of a GRCon20 Breakout session. It can be accessed by Matrix using the Element (previously Riot) desktop or phone app.

server: gnuradio.matrix.ungleich.cloud
room: #HamRadio:gnuradio.org

you also can join the #gnuradio:gnuradio.org room for the more specific GR questions.

I will soon be posting a news item here and on the gnuradio.org home page about our first video meeting.

73,
---
Barry Duggan KV4FV
https://github.com/duggabe