Re: Thoughts on forming a GNU Radio Amateur Radio monthly meeting group

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Thoughts on forming a GNU Radio Amateur Radio monthly meeting group
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:13:29 +0200

Hello Barry, hi everyone,

I just wanted to say I was very impressed with all the activity in the
breakout session, and how productive everything was.

I'd find it super interesting if aside from the social benefit of
ragchewing (no matter whether that happens on a video conference, via
pure voice comms, or in a text chat), people had would also take the
chance to give a short "impulse" presentation on what they think would
be interesting for the rest; for example, I think Barry's digital
modulations tutorials would be extremely interesting for a lot of people.

But also, a bit on stuff like (brainstorming here) "how to make use of
the new digital predistortion module to get the most out of my system",
"I've invented a digital mode, and you'll never guess what happened
next", "how it took me a month to figure out why I wasn't seeing any
satellites and why I hate storks", "SDR in club education settings", ….

Nothing that takes 2 hours, but something to get discussion off the
ground, and then if discussion shows people like where things are going,
go deeper into it.

Cheers,
Marcus