Re: GRU module removed, what can I do please ?

From: Jean-Philippe Buchet
Subject: Re: GRU module removed, what can I do please ?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:32:09 +0200

Hello Cinaed,
Hello Vasil,

Yes the pythonpath is ok as I can "manualy'  import the other modules in python3

Yes, the installed gnuradio-dev is the last one 3.10.2.0-1+b2

When I run the python script, removing the gru import, it stops and :

taps=filter.firdies.low_pass(1.0, sample_rate, bw, bw*options, transition_width, filter.firdies.WIN_HANN)

the error message is : type object 'gnuradio.filter.filter_python.firdies' has no attribute 'WIN_HANN"

Le ven. 22 juil. 2022 à 09:52, Vasil Velichkov <vvvelichkov@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi Jean-Philippe,

On 22/07/2022 04.25, Jean-Philippe Buchet wrote:
> As I can see, after spent hours and hours, this gru module is removed from
> gnuradio.
> (for the moment I don't understand gnuradio / modules and their goals)

Yes, the gru module was removed in gnuradio 3.9 and 3.10. For some more info see:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/1591
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/pull/3815
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/pull/3936

> What can I do please ?

This largely depends on what exactly you are using from gru.

> OS: raspi-kali 5.15.44 Debian Kali-pi (2022-07-03)
> GR Installation Method: apt install ( gnuradio, gnuradio-dev python3 ..)
> GNU Radio Version  3.10 (maint-3.10)
>
> Thank you

Regards,
Vasil