Re: Problem seeing HackRF hardware on Mac via a Docker Container

From: George Edwards
Subject: Re: Problem seeing HackRF hardware on Mac via a Docker Container
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:54:37 -0500

Hi Derek and Daniel,

Thank you very much! Will use your suggestions.

George

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 7:51 AM Derek Kozel <derek@bitstovolts.com> wrote:
Docker on a Mac can be setup with the networking passthrough to let the X310 and N310 work. The limitation is specifically on USB device passthrough.

Not relevant to your issue specifically, but the Analog Devices ADALM-PLUTO educational SDR uses USB but identifies as a network card so interestingly it is possible to work around the limitation. The same limitation on USB devices existed until recently with the Windows Subsystem for Linux but that is improving over time.

Regards,
Derek