Re: GNURadio and UHD versions

From: Dor Ratz
Subject: Re: GNURadio and UHD versions
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 15:29:41 +0300

Hey Marcus,

Thanks a lot.

Another question is how can we avoid late command in the USRP?  I get many "L" and the Tx/Rx leds are turned off.

I have a USRP-X310 with 2 UBX-160 Daughterboards.

I want to transmit simultaneously from the 2 Daughterboards at the same time in 200MHz (one in RF A , the second is in RF B).

I'm using 2 different 10G Ethernet cables

I'm using GNURadio version 3.11.0.0 and UHD version 4.2.0.1.

How we can avoid late command in the USRP?  I get many "L" and the Tx/Rx leds are turned off.

I tried to use many discussions from the internet, but the problem proceeds.

Thanks for any advice.

Dor

בתאריך יום א׳, 4 בספט׳ 2022, 12:00 אחה״צ, מאת Marcus Müller ‏<mmueller@gnuradio.org>:
Hey Dor!

On 04.09.22 10:30, Dor Ratz wrote:
> 1. What are the differences between those GNURADIO versions:
> 3.10.2.0 And 3.9.6.0

to numerous to list in in an email, but that's why we've got a Changelog. Compare what
happened between 3.9.5.0 and 3.10.2.0 in [1] and what happened between 3.9.5.0 and 3.9.6.0
in [2].

> 2. When you did build of the latest GNURADIO version , what UHD version did you use?

A lot of people build GNU Radio, so this has many answers. Anyway, the minimum version of
UHD is 3.9.7; that and any later version works.
Note that, as for any other library, the version of the library you used when building
needs to be the same as for running.

Best,
Marcus

[1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/v3.10.2.0/CHANGELOG.md