discuss-gnustep

Re: ProjectCenter running or building

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter running or building
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 09:10:48 -0800

Hi Fred,

> On Dec 29, 2019, at 05:16, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 29.12.2019 um 04:01 schrieb Patryk Laurent <plaurent@me.com>:
>>
>> controllers, etc.  Does anyone know how to solve these NIB errors? See
>> messages below[1].
>
> The NIB loading errors you are getting are strange. You could try to get a
> bit more information about the files it is trying to load by providing the
> argument „—GNU-Default=dflt“ when starting ProjectCenter. That way you could
> try to find out whether the gorm files are actually missing or could not be
> loaded.

There is no change in the output, same NIB loading errors with the argument as
without it. I have run with both ./ProjectCenter --GNU-Default=dflt  in the
.app directory, or with openapp ProjectCenter.app --GNU-Default=dflt.

(Is either of these the right way to provide the argument? I’m wondering if the
argument is actually being picked up.  There is no indication.)

I do see the .gorm files in the Resources/ directory.

Interestingly I seem to get the same NIB loading error in ProjectCenter when
trying to re-open the project that I created with ProjectCenter.

I haven’t dug into the code yet much, I suppose we need to try to print out the
.gorm filepaths it’s trying to load from, and/or see if we can insert some more
informative error messages?

Patryk