dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Liberty Alliance Specs released

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Auth]Liberty Alliance Specs released
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:35:42 +1000

The Liberty Alliance have released their specifications:

http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/liberty-specifications-v1.0.zip

I haven't dived into the technical details yet.  However, the
following paragraph in the overview document threw me immediately:

    Implementation of this Specification may involve the use
    of one or more of the following United States Patents
    claimed by AOL Time Warner, Inc.: No.5,774,670, No.6,134,592,
    No.5,826,242, No. 5,825,890, and No.5,671,279.  The Sponsors
    of the Specification take no position concerning the evidence,
    validity or scope of the claimed subject matter of the
    aforementioned patents.

Looks like they have built a specification that is born dead,
due to patent issues. *sigh*

Cheers,

Rhys.