Re: [DotGNU]Paranoid

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Paranoid
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:05:36 +1000

> >  I thought it should DotGNU, an abriviation could be .GNU, well
> >  that's my opinion any how, not that it matters any more
>
> Indulge me in a little paranoia.
>
> Let's look at Microsoft's motives for choosing .Net? To make the second
> most utilized domain name on the Internet more valuable. Know it. Expect
> it. If Microsoft becomes popular people like me with names in the .net
> TLD will suddenly find ourselves the focus of lawsuits by trademark
> holders wishing to claim their .net for their own use. So, either we
> need someone to front a .gnu TLD (not a bad idea) or choose an existing
> TLD for the project.
>
> Personally "DotGNU" not .GNU, the latter makes hash of some sentence
> structures.
>
> The above can be taken as serious or not depending on how you're mixing
> your drinks.

Well acutally having a .gnu domain would kinda neat ;)
DotGNU as the project name I take it? Everybody agreed??

*he he* www.dotgnu.gnu (NOW THAT WOULD BE NEAT!)

Myrddian <address@hidden(nospam)au>
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
 and four people died".

                   -- Steven Wright