Re: [DotGNU]Mono project

From: David O'Callaghan
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mono project
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:18:34 +0100

From: "Myrddian" <address@hidden>
> > The scope of that project seems to be much narrower than that of
> > DotGNU.  In particular they don't seem to be doing anything at
> > all about the main threat (Hailstorm).
> >
> > If the Mono project gets along well, we may be able to use parts
> > of it for providing .NET compatibility or emulation in the
> > DotGNU Secure Execution Environment.
>

> Yep, can save us a lot of time too :)

Yes. Surely we should let the Ximian folks work on the bits they're
focussing on (and give them any help we can) but let us work on all that
they are leaving out, such as an alternative to Passport.

I don't think there is much point "competing" with Ximian to produce a
CLI-type system if they've already made good progress on it.

Regards,

David