[DotGNU]#dotgnu on irc.openprojects.net && e-mail problems.

From: fitzix
Subject: [DotGNU]#dotgnu on irc.openprojects.net && e-mail problems.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:10:24 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm sending to the list to let everyone know that #dotgnu is registered
on irc.openprojects.net - feel free to step in and chat if I'm there.

On a side note, the server that I get my e-mail from is appearently down
and has been so since last night.  I've been trying to follow the list
based on the archives, but I'm sure that I'm missing points throughout.
I'm looking for other (free) POP3 mail systems in the interim.  So, if
for some reason, you've sent me some e-mail and I haven't replied, you
know why.

However, I will comment on the following:

David: I hope that your wife is OK and that everything is well - I wish
you guys the best.

Norbert et al: Great work on the press release, it really seems to be
coming along.

Serge:  Chill the @#$% out, man.  There's no need for that kind of
hostility.  I didn't hear anything about exclusivity nor do I think
anyone else felt that it was expected.  If there was a promise, then I
don't think that it was broken intentionally.  It's called a
misunderstanding.  I don't think that anyone meant an afront to Grant
when we began drafting the press release.  Incidentally, I thought that
Grant's article was well written and to the point, and I thank him for
writing it.  In any case, the whole FD thing is entirely new.  It's
going to take time to get everything settled in - this is just a fact of
the matter.  If you don't like it and would prefer that everything stay
the old way, then stay with the old guard!  Don't get me wrong, you have
your points and everyone else has their points as well, but the
hostility and this "I'm not joining until I see you people doing
something that I can make money at" attitude's gotta go.  I will
elaborate later on.

Tony:  Serge has his points about encryption and what not, but take
heart - you're trying to push something along that most people can't get
their brains around quite yet.  There will be opposition (which I'm sure
that you know :) ).  However, this press release had to be written this
way.  To get the input of the developers, you have to give the material
to the developers.  Closing the developers off simply doesn't work.

Ack!  Nothing gets to me more than having my e-mail connection not
working - I feel disconnected! :)

Anyway, #dotGnu is open on irc.openprojects.net ...

:)

        -Barry