Re: [DotGNU]Any SOAP/UDDI/WSDL talk yet?

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Any SOAP/UDDI/WSDL talk yet?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:05:09 -0700

Norbert Bollow wrote:

> > > However, that is
> > > not to say that we can't develop a similar, but better, free software web
> > > services registry.
> >
> > Yes, this is probably what needs to happen... and probably as quickly as
> > possible. It should be part of the overall DotGNU project
>
> Is this sufficient urgent and important that it makes sense to
> create a mailing list for this?

I would think this would best be done on a seperate mailing list if
enough interest can be built up. I do think producing an alternative to
UDDI will be a very important issue. Because with UDDI we can
potentially be blocked from registering our web services in a way that
will allow anyone to find them. Even having a potentially compatible
interface on a seperate registery will not be ideal, but will be much
much better

Seek3r