Re: [DotGNU]Any SOAP/UDDI/WSDL talk yet?

From: Martin Coxall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Any SOAP/UDDI/WSDL talk yet?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:59:03 +0100

The things I see a problem on the
> SOAP/UDDI/WSDL side of things is the UDDI. The UDDI is a registry (think
> InterNIC) of avaible web services, and right now I cant find any details
> about the rules and costs of getting registered. If its costly and they
> start to make limitations of who can register web services, we will need
> a GNU UDDI that can be used for Free Software developers.

UDDI is currently not an open standard. Until it is, I feel it would be
morally wrong of us to provide classes to interact with it. However, that is
not to say that we can't develop a similar, but better, free software web
services registry.

---
Martin
---

"Where laughing and smiling are not allowed"