[DotGNU]Re: Developers digest, Vol 1 #33 - 7 msgs

From: TonStanco
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Developers digest, Vol 1 #33 - 7 msgs
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:50:16 EDT

>  I couldn't agree more.  While I appreciate the work that everyone put into
>  the original, if we had gone and gotten some people whos talent is doing
>  exactly this, our press release would have been of a much higher quality.

Let's not try to exclude people so fast. The press release was great. It
doesn't have to be perfect.

You forget that by including people, we help them learn how to do it and
become experts, if they want. This is what free software is also about. If
some expert wants to help mentor others that would be great. But lets not let
the experts just do it for us. That will get us back to a proprietary mindset
very fast.

You don't train leaders by making them spectators. You train them by letting
them do, make mistakes, learn and do it better in the future. Free software
needs a lot of leaders. This is an easy way to create them. This is more
important than having a "more perfect" anything.

> The sublists don't need to be perfect, but they do need to be
> there...

Dan Baumann is working on a slashdot clone communications system that all the
lists can use for proposing/feedback loops. He said it would be ready within
a week.