[DotGNU]DotGNU website updated; new "website" mailing list

From: Norbert Bollow
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:37:19 +0200

> > I don't know if your interested in this kind of articles, but osOpinion
> > features a story titled "FSF Must Die"
> > ( http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/11967.html ).
> > Quote: "The latest and most disastrous act of the FSF was approving
> > DotGNU"...
>
> How cany anyone accuse the FSF of "lacking technical
> perspective", and expect not to receive howls or derision on
> all sides?

It is important to note that the accusation is based on a
misconception of DotGNU.  The author correctly observes that the
.NET paradigm is horribly flawed, and he thinks DotGNU is going
to implement that flawed paradigm.

The key statement of the article is this:

  The FSF, instead of foolishly approving .NET, should support the
  groups that are developing the standards that are sure to
  replace .NET.

Developing a standard distributed platform that can replace
.NET, that is exactly what DotGNU is all about.

I have updated the DotGNU website in an attempt to make this
clearer.

I have also set up a new mailing list for everyone who would
like to contribute the efforts of creating and maintaining the
DotGNU website.