[DotGNU]PKI ecosystem

From: Kent Nguyen
Subject: [DotGNU]PKI ecosystem
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 05:03:35 +0000

Previously I talked about commerce Internet comparing two ecosystems:  PKI
and Hailstorm.

There are a number of people who email me in private to ask me to go into
details of the PKI ecosystem.  Here it is:

http://www.mslinux.com/research/pki.html

This paper requires some background knowledge in asymmetric encryption and
XML-RPC.  Beyond that, I think it's pretty much self-explanatory.

The work is unfinish but you get a taste of what will be coming.  I finish up
conceptualizing B2C security.  And will be working conceptualizing B2B
security as well as detailing what technologies available that will help us
achieve this security ecosystem.

Another thing I'm doing is writing the specification for GXMP (General XML
Messaging Protocol).  I want GXMP to be simple yet effective.  I only add
features that I think make sense, not more, not less.  For example, I add
routing, publicKey, sessionID, and checksum.  Those are the only ones I
think are necessary.

Furthermore if I have time, I will CXM (Commerce XML Message) specification.
CXM is an extension to GXMP.  It will detail what the <body></body> of a GXM
(General XML Message) looks like.

I know I left out a lot of details in the pki ecosystem.  It will take a book
to go through all the senerios customers and servcie providers will go
through.

Feedbacks, like always, are welcome.

--kent