Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:15:37 -0400

Mason Ham wrote:

> I have to agree with Dan on this ... I am most worried that if we make
> people learn new things we are sunk ... people are having a heck of time
> staying up with the stuff that is being put out with out us ... throw us in
> the mix with all new protocol's etc, and well, I just don't think that I
> would bother .... I mean if I was working in Corp. land, and I have a
> project to do, I am going to have to fight to get dotGNU anyway, you can get
> fired for using opensource at companies still ;-) Now I have to tell my boss
> that there is a whole new set of protocols that are not the ones that
> everyone has been going to training for ... and well I think that is hard
> sell.

I tend to agree, if we can go for a standard protocol, we should.
However we can't get caught up on a compatibility cross-fire, so to
speak.  If we need to create a new protocol in order to get something
done correctly that's not well done in other ways, then that's what we
need to do.  We can't be afraid to bite the bullet here and create
something new.  But, in the case of something like SOAP and/or XML-RPC,
then we should use the standardized version.

        -Barry